hope you enjoy!
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
I dont even know where to begin..
I started this blog a few years ago, not having a real direction for it, but now that i am out of college (still without a job that utilizes my degree) i figured why not make it about my life and the journey that comes when entering the real world
hope you enjoy!
hope you enjoy!
at 9:08 AM
Monday, October 3, 2011
This quarter is going to be insane, to say the least.
I am taking Organic Chemistry, Genetics, Ecology, and Evolution
ALL of these classes are high demanding classes & on top of all of these my research group and I are in the process of trying to get a paper published.
I am so happy that I will be graduating this year. It seems crazy to me to think that in just a few short months i will be moving cities to go find a job in the real world. It's going to be hard leaving Ellensburg.. it feels like home to me now and although a lot of people complain of the small size, i love everything about it
at 2:12 PM
Friday, August 12, 2011
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"
This quote, made by Buddha, is something that i have to repeat to myself daily.
Sometimes i get so wound up with all these crazy ideas that i forget to stop and enjoy life..
Recently it was brought to my attention that i think to much in the future, which i have to admit, i was doing. I was so focused on where my life would be in a year from now, maybe even two or three years from now.
But whats the point?!
I can't really plan my life that far ahead, nor do i want my life even planned.
I want to just let life happen. I want to enjoy my life without anything holding me back. I'm young and now is the time to be selfish and do what i want to do before life gets to serious.
If i don't stop thinking in the future I'm going to miss the present. Which, when i think about it, is sort of a serious matter! I don't want to look back and regret not doing things, going places, or seeing things. Now is the time to live life just the way i want to and i couldn't be more happy to have finally realized this.
at 5:35 PM
This summer has been crazy.
I have had such a fun time hanging out with my family and friends. I feel like i got to do a lot of things this summer (horse back riding, wine tasting, adventures to blue lake, went to Arlington, baseball games, the pond, girl nights, emerald downs, etc..) and I've gotten to see a lot of people. Which is all AMAZiNG.
There are also parts that haven't been so amazing. Like my living situation...
My roommate and I no longer speak. Because of that, it isn't the healthiest environment to be in & has caused a lot of unneeded stress. My anxieties this summer have hit an all time high.
Fortunately i have just signed a lease at a new apartment with one of my best friends Lynnae. This will be our third year living together. Since it's worked out so well in the past i can't wait to live with her again. I think it works out so well because we are both very laid back, clean & organized, and just like to hang out and keep it stress free.
at 5:17 PM
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Since i decided to stay in town this summer i wanted to make sure i didn't get bored. For those of you who know this small town it gets pretty quiet in the summer time because a good majority of the students go home for the summer. So I've been doing everything i can to keep myself busy and I can't believe it is already July, this summer is flying by. I feel like the last few weeks i have been going non stop.
In the last couple weeks i have..
1. Gone to Blue lake with my friend Johanna to visit our other friend Lynnae. She has a cute little cabin out by the lake, I absolutely loved it. It was so quiet and nice, i definitely didn't want to leave.
2. Went trail riding with my friend Alycia. We went out to a small little town called Labam and literally rode horses for 3 hours in what i like to call, the forest. I was nervous at first cause i hadn't been on a horse in ages, but it was just like getting back on a bicycle. It was a blast.
3. Baked Gluten Free champagne cupcakes with my friend Johanna. Whenever i need a dessert fix i always go to Johanna because she is gluten free, and she has all the supplies! I think most people would be surprised to see how much stuff and time goes into baking gluten free.. shoot, im still surprised. The cupcakes also had champagne frosting, and were delicious.
4. Went to the local farmers market, by myself, and found out that the animal shelter is in need of some volunteers. So i took a flier and will be turning it in this week to start! I am really excited because i can't have my own puppy right now because of my living situation so i think this will be a perfect alternative.
5. Corey bought a new truck! Woo, finally a reliable car that can get him safely over the mountains when its covered in feet of snow. I was really happy that he finally got to buy himself something nice he deserves it. During this weekend we also babysat his sisters bull mastiff during the 4th of July. Her name is pink and she is the sweetest thing, but i don't think she realizes she is so big.
6. Went to bullpucky, which is a softball tournament in Orting. The cool thing about this tournament is that you can drink on the field! It was so funny to watch the guys, slightly intoxicated, run the bases and try and hit the balls. It was a day filled with good weather, good people, and good food :)
|True Rednecks. Garebear & Corwhore|
|Us, during the last game|
What is there not to be thankful for <3
at 8:24 PM
Monday, June 20, 2011
After finals week i got to go to the westside for a week and see all my amazing family and friends.
I was so thankful to be able to go see everyone.. but i think i was actually more thankful when i was leaving because i didn't realize how nice it would be to just be home and get away from it all.
Sometimes its hard not to get caught up in it all, but going home always seems to make everything better.
During my week home both my parents and sister had birthday dinners for me, and they were both amazing and i was so happy to be able to spend that time with them. The older i get the more i realize how important family is, and i am so thankful that my family is so supportive of me and is always there when i need them.
On another good note i got to spend a bunch of time with the love of my life, Corey <3
I got to drive him to work everyday and pick him up. That may seem like a strange thing to be happy about but since i don't usually get to spend that time with him i was excited that i got to for a couple days.
We also tried something new together, we went to PhoTime. It all started on a rainy day. Neither of us wanted to get out of bed because the weather was to depressing. So we skipped breakfast and watched movies until we were really hungry. Corey, being the gentleman that he is asked what i wanted and all i said was that i wanted to eat something warm. So he drove us to Photime so i could get some warm soup.
|Needless to say it was delicious, and a cure-all for the depressing weather|
At the end of the week i also got to see my friend Jessica and her adorable son Christian. I've known Jessica since diapers, we went to the same daycare together and we've been hanging out ever since.
I was so excited to see Jessica and Christian because it had been at least six months, if not more since i saw her last. We went to lake meridian for the day and let Christian play in the sand, he is 3yrs old and is too cute! Before we left we decided to feed the ducks, and boy i was not ready for the swarm of ducks that came waddling over (there was at least 20)
|The ducks got SO close.|
|Jessica and Myself.|
I had such a great break with my family and friends, I wish i could blog about it all. Not only did i have fun but i also needed it. You all keep me sane and grounded and i thank you all for that.
at 10:17 PM
There are new nail polish stickers that I've been wanting to try for weeks. Well, lucky me has a boyfriend who loves me and who bought me some really pretty nail stickers. I sat for at least an hour trying to get these on just perfect, which i think i did a pretty good job.
Can you tell i was excited about this? Since I'm a broke college student this was super exciting, now i don't have to pay 20$ to get my nails done.
at 9:27 PM